The PROMYS Foundation supports PROMYS, the Program in Mathematics for Young Scientists, a summer math program for gifted high school students held at Boston University.
Keep in touch with PROMYS alumni and friends with the alum site.
Students, Counselors and Professors of PROMYS 2016
- August 6, 2016: Alumni and current PROMYS students gathered at Boston University. The alumni guest speaker was Lionel Levine(Cornell University).
- July 30, 2016: PROMYS alumni in Europe and PROMYS Europe participants gathered for a Summer Party at Oxford.
- 2016 Breakout Fellowship: The PROMYS Foundation was delighted to award the 2016 Breakout Fellowship to Barry Xu of Alameda, California. Terence Tao, Richard Taylor, and Jacob Lurie, recipients of the inaugural Breakthrough Prizes in Mathematics, very generously established the Breakout Fellowships to PROMYS in late 2014. These are full scholarships to PROMYS for mathematically talented students who might not otherwise be able to attend. The PROMYS alum community then matched the Breakout Fellowship donations to create and fully fund the Breakout Fellowship Endowment which will bring one Breakout Fellow to PROMYS every summer in perpetuity.
- 2016 Trustee Scholarship: The PROMYS Foundation was extremely pleased to award a 2016 Trustee Scholarship to Roshan Padaki. This was a full scholarship to PROMYS funded by the PROMYS Foundation thanks to the generosity of the PROMYS alum community. Roshan has just graduated from Lexington High School in Lexington, Massachusetts. This was Roshan's third summer at PROMYS.
- 2016 Mehta Fellowships to PROMYS: The PROMYS Foundation was excited to announce the awarding of six 2016 Tara and Jasubhai Mehta Fellowships to PROMYS. Separately funded by sponsors Nicholas Nash, the Indira Foundation, and morph.org, these are full scholarships for mathematically talented low-income students from India. The fellowships cover tuition, room and board, books, visa fees and round-trip airfare from India. Thanks to the generosity of the Mehta sponsors, there were four first-year Mehta Fellows in 2016 plus the two 2015 Mehta Fellows returned to PROMYS for a second summer.
- January 7, 2016: Alumni gathered in Seattle, Washington at the 2016 Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM).